Who doesn’t fancy a constant, uninterrupted supply of warm water when the weather is cold outside? Of course, everyone does. Water heaters have been and are still serving their purpose with supreme efficiency.
They have made our lives easier by constantly giving us a warm water supply right through our taps. The advantages of water heaters are so many. Let us discuss some in the section down below.
Advantages Of Water Heaters
As we all know, there are not just one but 5 types of water heater with renewed technologies, each with a list of benefits to offer.
All of them serve their purposes right; however, the modern ones are energy efficient and suitable for the environment. The following section will mention the advantages of water heaters according to their types.
Conventional Water Heater
- Conventional water heaters come with great benefits. It has been widely used across the globe for its water storing capacity and efficiency. People still use it for its lower upfront cost.
- Unlike other water heater types, such as solar, and heat pump water heaters, the conventional water heaters work in all regions and climates. Some don’t work in icy regions, but conventional ones function optimally regardless of the climate.
- Conventional water heaters are not only cheaper to buy than other types of heaters but also come with low plumbing and installation cost. They are relatively less complicated to install; therefore, installation costs are also less.
Tankless Instantaneous Water Heaters
- An instant water heater is preferred by many people having less number of people in the family. They are convenient because you get an instant warm water supply as soon as you turn the tap open. You don’t have to wait for cool water to turn into hot water; instead, you instantly get it without delay.
- Another big advantage of having a tankless heater is that they are highly compact. They better suit people living in small apartments and condos as tankless heaters easily fit under washbasins and cabinets.
- The low monthly cost is another benefit of a tankless water heater. I love it because it doesn’t consume energy constantly to heat water. Instead, it warms water only on demand; that is, you open the tap, the water runs through the superheated coils, and you get steamy hot water instantly.
Heat Pump Water Heater
- Heat pump water heater comes with many advantages. It uses innovative technology, making it 60 percent more energy-efficient than other water heaters. The heat pump water heater uses heat from the surrounding environment such as underground and air to heat the water. The only electric energy used in such a heater is when it moves the heat from one point to another.
- They are highly efficient energy, performance, and cost-wise. Although it comes with a higher upfront cost, the monthly bills will be lesser because of the low energy consumption. Moreover, they perform optimally and are relatively easier to install.
- Another plus side of a heat pump water heater is that it requires minimal maintenance and lasts for a very long time. You should only conduct maintenance checks once a year, making it a non-fussy water heater.
Solar Water Heater
- A solar water heater is a great invention that has made people’s lives so much easier. The most significant advantage of these water heaters is that they use free energy to operate. Also, the energy is renewed every day, which makes it an efficient type of heater.
- Not only is the solar water heater efficient, but it also reduces utility bills because it is dependent on sunshine. Other than that, the solar water heater is eco-friendly because it doesn’t use gas, so there isn’t any emission of carbon into the atmosphere.
Condensing Water Heater
- Condensing water heaters is considered the most efficient one when it comes to energy and the environment. Because they use exhaust gases from the flue pipes and use them to heat the water, they are energy efficient. Condensing heater is good for the environment because it reduces greenhouse effects and carbon emissions.
- These heaters are incredibly efficient when it comes to performance. You instantly get hot water as soon as you turn the tap open, just like the tankless heaters. Although it uses a tank to heat the stored water, that happens quickly so you can get an uninterrupted supply of water.
- In addition to that, condensing water heaters reduce your monthly gas bills; they use less gas to operate. So that’s pretty much all the advantages of water heaters depending upon their types and sizes so that you can pick the right one for your use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of a water heater?
A water heater is an essential commodity found in almost every household nowadays. They come with significant advantages, such as warming the water supply just as you open the tap. The biggest advantage is the constant supply of hot water whenever it’s needed. Other than that, modern water heaters use cost-effective and eco-friendly technologies that keep the environment’s integrity. Moreover, they are sustainable, long-lasting, and require less maintenance than the old ones.
What are the downsides of water heaters?
Every technology has to come with its downsides because nothing is entirely perfect. The major drawback that a water heater comes with is the corrosion that occurs in the internal part of the heater. Because a water heater has to deal with water, corrosion is inevitable. Corrosion of the elements ultimately leads to leakage, which is a big hassle in itself. For that reason, you need to regularly check for leaks to fix them up.
Is it dangerous to be around water heaters?
Water heater, whether it is gas-operated or electricity operated, poses no threat to human life, only if you conduct regular and proper maintenance. However, any negligence can cause unforeseen situations. For example, you may at times experience gas leakage around the pipes supplying gas to the water heater. Moreover, as water is a good conductor of electricity, therefore, very rarely, any mishap can happen if you are using an electric heater, but that is very unlikely.
Water heater, be it any type, makes your life easier in so many ways. They provide a constant supply of warm water, which is nothing more than a blessing, especially in cold temperatures. There are many types of water heaters used widely across the globe. People use them according to their requirements and budget. I have thoroughly mentioned all the advantages of a water heater so that you can make up your mind to buy one.